The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Enjoying pizza in Miami

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apalmieri

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Enjoying pizza in Miami Reply with quote

I'm Angelo Palmieri. I'm a New Yorker from Brooklyn, Long Island and Queens. In 1977 I moved to Miami.

Being from New York, I thought knew good pizza. A age 41 I went to the University of Florence to study Italian. While there, a teacher brought our class to the ONLY restaurant in the City where she would eat pizza. I don't even remember its name, but I was bowled over by the thin crust, fresh ingredients and the use of mozzarella di buffalo.

When I returned to the US, I visited my old pizza haunts in NY: Johns in the Village, Totone's (spelling?) in Coney Island, and others. Those pizza's were no longer as good to me. I have found a place in Ft. Lauderdale that makes authentic Italian pizza, Kitchenetta. This is not a pizza place, but is a pretty high priced restaurant where pizza is an appetizer.

Over the years I tried making my own pizza, but was never very happy with the result. The crust would have a strong yeast taste or be too sticky and not slide onto the pizza stone.

I'm thrilled with Albert's recipe. I used King Arthur flour that I over kneeded with a Cuisinart, but it still turned out to be as close to what I had in Italy. I can't wait to make it again.

I've enjoyed reading other people's experiences and tips.
Thick Crust
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: