The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Salutations from SW Florida

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Salutations from SW Florida Reply with quote

I started making pizza almost a month ago and it has really been a great experience. I was looking up pizza info on the web and stumbled across Albert's "diamond in the rough" here. I immediately purchased the .PDF and after picking up disposable pie pans and other ingredients, had some pretty decent pizza. I can't say great, because I'm a total cooking novice. I've made pizza several times now, and after the first pies, I had acquired a stone and a peel. The pizzas have just been getting better.

Before making Albert's dough recipe, the only experience I'd had with dough had been cookie dough. Quite a bit of difference. I'm 32 and up until about 31 my cooking experience had pretty much consisted of hamburgers, frozen pizza and the like. Last year I got started baking cookies and had graduated to making strawberry shortcake and cheesecake from scratch this year. But I wanted to be able to make more than desserts. So I began my pizza hunt. I am grateful to Albert and the rest of this community for making this site what it is so that there is a place where a novice can easily get started.

I don't really have any experience to share with the community yet, but hopefully that will change before too long. Give it another couple of weeks, maybe. Wink

e-Moo
Thick Crust
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site! Cool
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Moo:

None of us had any experience before we had any experience! I started making pizza at home because it seemed that nobody could get one to the door any more that was still warm or had any taste or character. I, too, was surfing the net and found Albert's information. He's a great guy, and he has provided us with a great medium for learning and sharing. Welcome to the forum.

"Papa Don"
Tampa, Florida
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: