The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Penne Pasta Pizza (Dominos Breadbowl Pasta)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Pizza Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Penne Pasta Pizza (Dominos Breadbowl Pasta) Reply with quote

*It’s not really a “bowl” but the dough is a bit thick and needs to rise. I used a homemade dough, not the Rhodes bread dough.

This is a clone to the Dominos Breadbowl Pasta.

Penne Pasta Pizza

12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls or 1 Loaf Rhodes Bread Dough, thawed to room temperature
3 cups cooked penne pasta
1 cup prepared thick pasta sauce
1 cup ground beef, cooked and drained
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
olive oil
garlic salt

Combine three rolls together to form a ball.
Repeat with remaining rolls.
If using bread dough, cut into 4 equal pieces.
Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
Flatten each ball or piece into a 7-8-inch circle.
Place on large sprayed baking sheets.
Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and allow to rise until double in size. Meanwhile, stir together the pasta, pasta sauce and ground beef in a large mixing bowl.
When dough has risen, remove plastic wrap and press the middle of each dough circle down, leaving 1-inch all the way around the edges.
Divide the pasta mixture equally between the circles and place in mounds in the center of each one where you have pressed it down. Top each one with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
Brush the bare 1-inch edge around each pizza with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt.
Bake at 350ºF 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is melted and browning. Serve hot.

Watch the Video

Favorite Pizza Crust with my Family Meat Sauce. Very Happy

I didn't name this - it is the name! Smile

I change the seasonings (in place of the It. seas.) to match what pizza I'm making. Like crushed red pepper, or Mexican seasoning...etc...

Favorite Pizza Crust

1 c. water
2 T. olive oil
2 T. parmesan cheese
1 1/2 t. Italian Seasoning
1 t. sugar
1 t. salt
3 c. bread flour
2 1/2 t. yeast

Place in bread machine per instructions for dough cycle. When done, place in a lighty greased bowl, cover with dry cloth & let sit 30 to 40 minutes in a warm, draft free place. Oven at 400 degrees. I always pre-bake the pizza dough for about 5 minutes before adding ingredients. Add ingredients & bake until lightly brown on bottom & cheese melts. About 20 minutes.

Source Fleischmann's
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Pizza Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: