The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Favorite toppings....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Name your favorite pizza toppings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Favorite toppings.... Reply with quote

I have become very fond of a "pizza bianco", although it isn't, technically, "white".

I use a recipe for a hot artichoke dip which I have modified - the original called for onion powder and garlic powder. I use REAL onion and garlic, sauteed in butter and olive oil. I've also adjusted the other ingredients to where it makes a pizza topping that is, in the words of those that try it, "To die for!" Yeah, that's the response we're wanting!

And, this pizza always is done on a charcoal grill!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
pizza
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Sounds Fantastic! Reply with quote

What an incredible melding of different tastes....
This really does sound like a "to die for" pizza....

Now if I can only get you to share the recipe....

albert
http://legendsofpizza.com/blog
salarmlassie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE white pizza. And this one sounds fantastic!!!! PLEASE post the recipe. PLEEEEEEEEZZZEEEEEEE Very Happy
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here is my recipe for the "Pizza Bianco" topping!

1 Cup mayonnaise
1 Cup mozarella cheese (I prefer whole milk, or buffalo, but part skim milk is good, too)
1/2 to 3/4 Cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
Fresh garlic - I use 4-5 bulbs - That's enough to keep vampires away and not quite enough to attract Italian women. (Did you say "garlic powder"? That prevents diaper rash on little garlics.... get real garlic.)
1 Can artichoke hearts - halved or quartered
Two slices of onion (onion powder? No, that prevents diaper rash on little onions - get a real onion)
Olive oil
Butter (yeah.... I know.... to hell with health, be happy NOW)

Execution:

Mince the onions. Press the garlic. Chop the artichoke hearts. Put it in those fancy clear glass bowls like Julia Child used, if you want to look fancy.

In a skillet, heat about a tablespoon of olive oil with a couple of tablespoons of butter. Add the onions, simmer on low heat until they just start to brown (cover them for a while and they'll cook really nicely, since you're keeping the moisture in).

In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, mozarella, parmesan and artichoke hearts.

Add the garlic to the skillet, and simmer until the garlic is clear or starts to brown, but don't overdo it or the garlic will become bitter. Then add the browned onions and garlic to the bowl. Mix thoroughly.

Place the mixture in a covered 1-quart baking dish. Of course, the cover needs to be off when you put it in the dish, I just said covered because you will want a cover on it while you bake it.

Bake at 300 degrees F for about 20-30 minutes, and watch for it to start bubbling. Let it bubble a while - you want the cheeses to melt and the ingredients to "marry". I generally let it go until it begins to brown just a little on the edges. Remove it from the oven and set aside to put on the pizza.

If you do the pizza on a charcoal grill.... you will be the most respected person on earth!

Enjoy!

"Papa Don" Andreatta
Tampa, Florida
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
salarmlassie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Vince120

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow DF, that does sound quite good, can't wait to try it.

Vince
urmaniac13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, as a 3 year resident of Rome, allow me to be a bit picky here, in Italian, Pizza is a feminine word (which finishes with "A"), the article needs to correspond with it, thus, it should be called pizza biancA!! Laughing

Okay, Roman pizza that I got used to here are made very thin and crispy, which makes them perfect for pizza bianca variations.

A few of my favourites are

1, pumpkin flowers, mozzarella and anchovy fillets

2. sautčed shredded radicchio, onion and smoked scamorza

3. shredded onion, bell peppers, capers and olives. (no precooking of the vegetables necessary here, they roast themselves nicely while the pizza is cooking)

4. porcini mushrooms and crumbled sausage and flat leaved parsley

However you can do so many things with white pizzas, the possibilities are limitless! Wink
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urmaniac13 wrote:
Okay, as a 3 year resident of Rome, allow me to be a bit picky here, in Italian, Pizza is a feminine word (which finishes with "A"), the article needs to correspond with it, thus, it should be called pizza biancA!! Laughing

I stand corrected! Being fluent in French, I should have known that. I wonder if that will make it taste even better!

As a matter of fact, one will be going on the Weber charcoal grill in about an hour or so...... happy day!
firerose

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds delicious! I am a complete sucker for white pizza, especially if it has artichokes on it.
chill_winstonuk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite, although made by a chain is... Domino's Texas BBQ! Although some of my mates think its really sickly, I can't get enough of it!
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the great things about pizza..... so much variety, and there is no absolute "right" or "wrong."

And that is one of the great things about this forum: so many great ideas that everyone shares!

As Albert says: "Pizza on Earth!"
Freshlane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pizza comes originally is called pizza quattro formaggi. The cheeses used are mozzarella, stracchino, fontina and gorgonzola.
The variation of it also has prosciutto meat.
I loved orginal 4 cheese pizza a lot, but when i added prosciutto i forgot about original and fell in love with this variation Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Name your favorite pizza toppings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: