The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Hot sauce on your pizza?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Unusual pizza toppings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thick Crust
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Hot sauce on your pizza? Reply with quote

WOO HOO! I love to splash Tobasco on my New York style pizza's. Add beer and a football game and it doesn't get much better! Cool
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Hot-hot-hot! Reply with quote

Hot sauce, yes.

What other brands of hot sauces (besides Tabasco) do you all use? A couple of my favorites: Panola, and Forrelli.... they seem to lack alot of the extras that take away from the real pepper flavor. I like the heat, and I like the flavor.

What about some jalapenos or cayennes or tabascos on top as well? Sautee them in some olive oil and butter and throw them on top!

"Papa Don"
Tampa, Florida
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thick Crust
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Hot-hot-hot! Reply with quote

dfandreatta wrote:
Hot sauce, yes.

What other brands of hot sauces (besides Tabasco) do you all use? A couple of my favorites: Panola, and Forrelli.... they seem to lack alot of the extras that take away from the real pepper flavor. I like the heat, and I like the flavor.

What about some jalapenos or cayennes or tabascos on top as well? Sautee them in some olive oil and butter and throw them on top!

"Papa Don"
Tampa, Florida

For me, I only like regular tobasco sauce on my thin crust pizza. The hotter the better for anything else, but only tobasco on my pizza's. I grow habenero's in my garden and make my own hot sauce, add them to my chili and other things, but I don't like hot peppers on my pizza. I LOVE hot pepper flakes though.

I have several brands of hot sauce in my fridge for different things, like chicken, or for my eggs/omlets - it all depends.
pastaqueen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the "hot sauce" afficionados out there .....
try the Thai chili sauces if you are making white pizzas ........ just pizza crust, olive oil spread over crust to keep crust from getting soggy ... add shredded or sliced chicken and then drizzle Thai hot sauce generously over chicken ..... [i]if you must use cheese[/i], use something creamy like goat cheese .......
davidmic61

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Tabasco on Pizza?? --------------------- Absolutely Reply with quote

Not only is Tabasco good on pizza, but if you add a few splashes to your sauce, you'll get a gentle boost from the dispersed heat. For our pies, my wife likes ranch dressing, and I lean toward the Tobasco. Ole'!!![/b]
Bean

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastaqueen, that sounds great! I make a Thai chicken pizza that is DH's favorite. I don't care for goat cheese though.

Hot sauce on pizza? I hot sauce EVERYTHING! LOL

I even have a nice collection. Smile

Here are a few I have on display.

Thick Crust
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice collection Bean! Like you, I love hot sauce on everything.
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are the King of Hot Sauce!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bean

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Queen of Hot Sauce? Mr. Green

I have so many more in boxes, but have no shelves to put them on. My brother made those for me years ago.
Large Bacon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: my baby's got sauce Reply with quote

Only thing I ever would have not on pepe's is jalapenos or meatballs. hot sauce seems too gimmicky, like stuffed crust from dominos.
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bean wrote:

I have so many more in boxes, but have no shelves to put them on. My brother made those for me years ago.

Yah, sorry, I missed the gender thing there. No disrespect meant.
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: my baby's got sauce Reply with quote

Large Bacon wrote:
Only thing I ever would have not on pepe's is jalapenos or meatballs. hot sauce seems too gimmicky, like stuffed crust from dominos.

"Gimmicky" What does that mean?
Thin Crust

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bean - my husband is in love with you! Confused

Quote:
A little off topic but I like to make ramen noodles on occasion and top the bowl off with some chicken (or poach an egg in the liquid when almost done, Pickapeppa (spelling) or Tiger Sauce, and a bit of Chilula, cilantro, and a hit of fresh lime - makes the stuff edible! lol

Bean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfandreatta wrote:
Bean wrote:

Yah, sorry, I missed the gender thing there. No disrespect meant.

No worries! Cool
Bean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thin Crust wrote:
Bean - my husband is in love with you! Confused

Aha! Another hot sauce fan I take it? Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Unusual pizza toppings All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: