The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
new to pizza making

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pizzaboy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: new to pizza making Reply with quote

hi,

I only attempted making pizza once many years ago but was put off forever, after the result was hard and biscuit like bearing no resemblance to pizza from the best pizzerias. My aim was to save costs and have something comparable to what they sell. Now I want to give it another go but i am still reluctant after reading sites like this : www.varasanos.com/PizzaRecipe.htm which offer huge amounts of information to go through.

My preference is a thin style pizza and i only have basic equipment at home.

I would welcome any help.

thanks
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Forum.

Fortunately, you only need "basic" equipment at home. You can make your favorite pizza with just the basics!

Read through the posts here, post your questions, share your experience, and you will enjoy making the best pizza you have ever enjoyed!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
pizza
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Here is my dough recipe...simple...easy... Reply with quote

Here is a simple dough recipe from Pizza Therapy:

Ingredients for the Pizza Dough
(Makes 2 Large Pizzas, or Four Thin Pizzas)
1-2 Packages yeast ( 1/4 or 1/2 oz. or 2-4 teaspoons of yeast)
(For our pizza, we only use Fleischmann's Yeast!)

2 teaspoons sugar

4 cups of flour or more

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup olive oil

1 and 1/2 cups of warm water

Directions
1. Put yeast and sugar in a cup. Add 1/2 cup of water. The water should be between 100 and 110 degrees F. ( 37° C- 43° C ). Mix well. Wait about 5 minutes for the yeast and sugar to activate.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, salt, olive oil, 1 cup of warm water and the yeast mixture. Mix this with a fork to get all the liquid absorbed by the flour.
3. Place a handful of flour on a mixing surface. Dust your hands and spread out the flour. Empty the contents of the bowl on to the flour.

4. Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes or until the texture is smooth and uniform. If the dough seems a little sticky, add a little more flour. One method to knead, is to lean on the dough with the palm of your hand. Press the dough to the mixing surface. Fold the dough and repeat.

5. Place the dough in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Place bowl in draft free area and cover with a cloth.

6. Let the dough rise for about an hour. Punch down the dough and wait about 45 minutes. Your dough is now ready.

7. Cut the dough in half.

8. Use your hands or dust a rolling pin with flour and gently shape dough on a floured mixing surface. until the dough is the desired shape. Keep using flour, as needed so the dough won't stick.
Just use your fingers to shape the dough or you can use a rolling pin.

9. Dust a cookie sheet with corn meal. (Oil will work ok, but the dough will be greasy.)

10. Use a spatula and slide the dough onto the cookie sheet. If you have a peel, assemble the pizza right on the peel dusted with corn meal. Then use the peel to place the pizza on the pre-heated Pizza Stone . (You can also assemble the pizza first and then slide a peel underneath the pizza.) If the pizza is "sticky" and won't slide easily, use some dental floss to slide under the dough!
Make sure you use enough flour under the dough next time!

11. The more you make dough, the easier it will become. Don't get discouraged if it seems difficult the first time.
You will surprise yourself at how easy it becomes the second time.

12. Actually, the hardest part of making dough is the clean up!

you can find the dough recipe at this link:

http://pizzatherapy.com/dough.htm
http://legendsofpizza.com/blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: