The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Uno Chicago Classic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Pizza Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Uno Chicago Classic Reply with quote

Scott bought me the Uno Chicago Grill deep dish pizza pan and spatula (kit) for Christmas a few years back. It comes with their recipes (lamented like a menu). What an incredible recipe (have made many times)! TDF!

Uno Chicago Classic

One recipe master dough
Press dough across bottom and up the sides of a deep dish pan (I spray the pan – or use olive oil)

*I make this in my bread machine, it does need extra flour.

Master Dough Recipe

3/4 c. warm water
1/4 c. corn oil
1 t. sugar
1t. salt
2 1/2 c. flour (up to another 1/2 c.)
1 package active dry yeast (2 1/4 t.)

Use dough cycle according to bread machine instructions. When dough is finished, place in a bowl greased with olive oil for 30 minutes (covered with dry towel) before pressing into pizza pan.

12 oz. ground pork (uncooked)
1 T. fennel seed
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper
2 t. Romano cheese, grated
1 1/2 c. tomatoes, ground
1 t. oregano
1 t. basil, dried
8 oz. mozzarella, sliced
2 t. Romano cheese, grated (I used more)

Mix the ground pork, fennel seed, salt, pepper and 2 t. Romano in a bowl, set aside.
Mix the ground tomatoes, oregano and basil in a bowl, set aside.
Lay the slices of mozzarella over the dough to cover.
Press the seasoned pork sausage into a patty that is less than 1/8 inch thick. To make this go easier, brush olive oil over a sheet of aluminum foil, put pork patty on that and cover with another piece of foil. Roll with a rolling pin until very thin.
Place the sausage patty over the cheese.
Spread the seasoned tomatoes over the sausage.
Sprinkle the Roman cheese over the tomatoes.

Oven 475º

Bake in pre-heated oven on the middle rack for 25 to 30 minutes until crust is golden and pulls away from the sides of the pan. Allow the pizza to rest 4 to 5 minutes before cutting.

Source – Uno Pizza Pan Kit with Authentic Signature Recipes

Now that's a pizza! Very Happy

Thick Crust
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to travel to the big city about 45 minutes away to get Uno Chicago Grill deep dish pizza, but it was well worth it.

I must say, the best pizza I ever had years ago was a deep dish at Uno in Madison Wisconsin. I still remember it like yesterday! We went back one day and they had closed the doors. Confused

Oh well, Chicago isn't to far away I guess. Very Happy
Bean

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've eat at Uno's too. They made a killer beer flat bread pizza (I tried to clone once).

I made a clone of their Uno’s Pizza Skins Pizza.

This is an excellent appetizer pizza!

Uno’s Pizza Skins Pizza

Deep dish bliss! We start with our tender deep dish crust. Then we add a thin layer of creamy mozzarella and fill it with whipped and buttered red bliss potatoes. And we top it all off with fresh bacon, Cheddar and a dollop of sour cream.

Here is the Uno Potato Skin pizza I made (appetizer size). Freakin' YUM! Very Happy

Just make your favorite pizza dough, top with mashed potatoes, red sauce (pesto or marinara), cheese, tomatoes, bacon, onion, jalapenos and top with green onions after baking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Pizza Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: