The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Apizza/Pasta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Devine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Apizza/Pasta Reply with quote

Hi:

- Great idea Albert. I used to live around the corner from you, I lived in West Loch across from the Piggery (all pau now), I retired from the Navy and moved back to the Mainland.

- I'm from New Haven and know quite a bit about great pizza, having eaten it all my life. New Haven rules, in spite of great places like Lombardi's and so on. Last summer I had a clam pie at Modern in New Haven on a Friday night and a clam pie at Lombardi's on Saturday afternoon, just heavenly.

- I'm a pasta fanatic as well,but never knew how good it could be until I lived in Italy for two (2) years. Al Dente takes on a new meaning in Italy.

- Take care all and if your Pizza and Pasta start with San Marzano tomatoes, fresh garlic and extra virgin olive oil, you are on your way to heaven on earth.

- My only question is, what do you and your readers consider to be the best San Marzano tomatoes.
pizza
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Thanks, Mike Reply with quote

Welcome Mike.

I also have experienced New Haven pizza on numerous occasions.

Although not from New Haven, I grew up in Connecticut and went to Pepe's every chance I could.

As a matter fo fact, I will soon return to Connecticut and plan on sampling some New Haven pizza. Modern is certainly on my list, but it is hard to go to New Haven without stopping at Sally's or Pepe's...

What you did was the equivalent of a "Pizza Grand Slam!"
About the San Marzano question, I would try to post your question in the ingredients section of this Forum...

But hey, you may get the answer right here....

Stay well,

albert
http://legendsofpizza.com/blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: