The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Best Beer for Pizza?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Name your favorite pizza toppings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RnR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Best Beer for Pizza? Reply with quote

Ok, I'm stretching the thread a bit when I ask for your favorite beer/beer style to go WITH your pizza - not in it.

I love a Porter with a smaller meal... but haven't quite settled on a good style for a larger feast (which typically entails a 32oz. glass of something tasty).

What do you like?
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That can be a real tough decision! You can go with the "lighter" American beers, aka "slamming beer" - great when they are really cold. Or if you're into the more malty, sweeter ones, like some of the reds; then there is really hoppy, both bitter hops (Beck's) and aromatic hops (Kronenbourg).

So many options!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RnR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie doke, but the question remains... what do YOU like with your pies?
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a white pizza, I go with a darker beer, say, Yuengling Black & Tan or Porter. With a red pizza, I prefer something on the order of Heinecken, or Pilsner Urquel.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
shipwreck

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great question!

I prefer lagers since I want to fill up on pizza, not beer. So I'll take whatever decent lager is available - preferably Spaten or some other German lager since American/Canadian lagers just don't cut it.
firerose

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to prefer IPAs with pizza. That or a good red.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Name your favorite pizza toppings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: