The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
New oven on order

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Wood Fired Ovens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwnorris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: New oven on order Reply with quote

I have ordered a oven from Forno Bravo and should see it mid next week. Any tips on installation?
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can install it at my house..... I'll make all the pizzas you want!

Be sure to let us know how that works out for you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
qiatsu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Wood oven Reply with quote

Have a professional installer do the job. The forno bravo ovens are fantastic! Very Happy
chefrockyrd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: wood fired ovens Reply with quote

I'd like to hear how jwnorris did with the wood oven. Is it operational? I have a good spot for one and want to build one soon. Any suggestions?
chefrockyrd
vitalijkopz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwnorris wrote:
I have ordered a oven from Forno Bravo and should see it mid next week. Any tips on installation?...
You think, that I clever, jwnorris?
Bean

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: New oven on order Reply with quote

jwnorris wrote:
I have ordered a oven from Forno Bravo and should see it mid next week.

We ordered ours from there as well. It's about 80% complete (weather slows the guys down).

How is yours coming along?
jwnorris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Casa110 status [long] Reply with quote

Well, it has been many weeks since I last posted and I'll try to catch everyone up on the progress. The kit arrived in great shape. They moved everything to the patio in preparation for assembly.

I should back track and say that I did not build a traditional block base. My intention was to incorporate the oven into a BBQ island on my side patio - where we do most of our entertaining. I had the island prefabricated by Outdoor Kitchen Concepts and they made the corner section for the Forno Bravo oven out of square welded tube.

I had found an insulation material about the same time as James at Forno Bravo did [turns out from the same vendor] and used it in lieu of vermiculite/concrete mix. While I did not same any money I saved a lot of time and space. This material [SuperIsol] is 2” thick and is rated to withstand 1800 F.

I had intended to set the oven floor in a refractory mortar; however, the SuperIsol pulls the water out of the mortar so fast that that did not work. Ultimately, I figured that the weight of the floor and the over were enough to keep everything stable and as the base was level, I just set the floor dry.

After setting the dome in place, I sealed the joints with a 2” thick layer of refractory mortar and coated most of the dome to the same thickness. I then leveled and set the vent piece in mortar and fastened the vent adapter to it with concrete screws and mortar it all to the dome.

I then covered the dome with two layers of a 1” thick insulation blanket – one comes with the Forno Bravo kit and one purchased separately. This ended the portion of the work that I did my self. I do feel that if I had not had other stuccoing to be done I could have stuccoed the dome myself.

After the oven was complete, I started the curing fires. Waiting for these to be done seemed to drag on forever. Seven days later, I invited my nephew Andrew over to inaugurate the over. After all, his building a mud over two summers had convinced me that I needed my own wood-fired oven. We hosted Thanksgiving dinner for 25 and served pizza appetizers. We also served pizza on Christmas and may on News Years.

[I am in no way affiliated with any vendor or manufacturer mentioned here, just a satisfied customer]

J W

Cool
Bean

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like yours turned out nice, jwnorris. Do you think you could post a pic for us? I'll do the same with mine. Smile
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking some pictures would be good. Rub it in, you lucky dogs!

All seriousness aside, congratulations on getting this piece of heaven on earth! You guys are the true pizza aficionados!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Wood Fired Ovens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: